I had a busy weekend with some embroidery and sewing projects. I set up my embroidery module and got to work. I used two hand dyed napkins from the thrift store for the sky blue background for 3 embroidery designs: tomatoes, eggplant, and blackbird.
Then I used a brown batik for the background of carrots, garlic, onion, and a beet. I am going to use these embroidery designs for an art quilt challenge. I am still working on ideas for the collage quilt.
For my last project I used machine decorative stitches and free motion quilting to add details to the flowers in the vase and bird.
More information later when this project is complete. I still have leaves to add to the piece. And there was a great sunset on Saturday that I saw from my sewing room window.
Keep having fun sewing and quilting. Donna.